OK, who’s not trying to scoop a date and grab some drinks or dinner and a movie on Valentine’s Day? Whether you’re hitting the Arena District with a special someone or wreaking havoc with your best friend, Valentine’s Day dates are at least memorable, if not romantic and exciting. Whether your idea of the perfect night out is dinner, drinks, live music or a movie, Downtown Columbus has you covered. We have five date night ideas for you to choose from to create that perfect night out with you-know-who. Or maybe you’ll just find that special someone on your way to R Bar…
Five fun date night ideas in the Arena District
1. First up (if you feel like keeping it low key), we have the classic dinner and a movie Valentine’s Day. Start with dinner at Buca di Beppo on 343 N. Front St. Grab your date and head to this Italian restaurant where you can sample everything Lady-and-the-Tramp style. Next, walk around the corner to Arena Grand Movie Theater to catch “Safe Haven”—a romantic thriller starring Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel.
2. Option number two is a Blue Jacket’s game, followed by drinks at R Bar (we don’t recommend the other way around.) Now that hockey is back in Columbus, you and your date will be cheering on the Blue Jackets from Nationwide Arena all the way to drinks down the street. At R Bar, you’ll keep the hockey vibe going at the official bar of the Columbus Blue Jackets while you sample the dinner menu and sip on drinks.
3. More into live music than movies or hockey? Fear not, we have you covered in the Arena District. First, grab dinner at Rodizio Grill on 125 W. Nationwide Blvd. You can’t beat the authentic Brazilian steakhouse’s rotisserie grilled meats, seasoned and carved to delicious perfection by Brazilian Gauchos. Next, head down to The Three-Legged Mare on 401 N. Front St. where not only good Irish beer but also live music abound.
4. Next we’re thinking dinner at Ted’s Montana Grill at 191 W. Nationwide Blvd. Ted’s offers authentic American dining in upscale, casual comfort complete with an atmosphere reminiscent of the Old West. Then you and your date can head over to The LC to see Umphrey’s McGee on Feb. 15 or George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic on Feb. 16 for a totally unique evening. Seriously, how many of your lame friends are staying in on Valentine’s Day weekend while you’re downtown at The LC?
5. Now get ready for the mother of all Valentine’s Day dates in the Arena District. Start out with dinner at Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant at 401 N. Front St. where you and your date will fill up on their American menu and handcrafted German lagers brewed on-site. Next, jump over to the Arena Grand Movie Theater to catch the film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks’ novel “Safe Haven,” featuring Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel. After the movie, you two will head over to The Lofts at 55 E. Nationwide Blvd. You will be in utter luxury in your oversized, contemporary room with high ceilings, exposed brick, wood beams and floor-to-ceiling windows. No two rooms are the same. Wake up in the morning (or afternoon, whatever) and head down West Nationwide Boulevard for breakfast at Sunny Street Cafe. We recommend the Bananas Foster.
So there you have it. Five date nights in the Arena District for any personality. Well, technically five date nights and one date morning, but who’s counting? Whatever night you’re looking for, whether dinner and a movie or drinks and a show, we guarantee you’ll find it in Downtown Columbus. Be sure to check out our full list of events as well as food and drink for more ideas. And don’t worry if you haven’t found that date yet, they’ll probably be rocking out at George Clinton, too.
Comment below with your name and prize you would like to win. Items up for grab include: 2 Arena Grand Movie Theater Tickets, 2 Umphrey’s McGee Tickets, 2 George Clinton Tickets, 2 – $25 Arena District Gift Cards (1 – $25 Gift card per person). Only one comment per person.
Leave a Reply