Where to watch March Madness in the District
March 18, 2015
Fans of the eight college basketball teams with opening-round matchups of the 2015 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championships on Friday, March 20th can cheer on their schools in the friendly confines of a host bar.
Four watering holes within walking distance of the action at Nationwide Arena are hosting March Madness viewing parties, said Bruce Wimbish, a spokesman for the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, which organized the get-togethers with alumni groups from each of the universities.
Host Bars/Restaurants will include:
- Boston’s Restaurant and Sports Bar will host West Virgina and Albany alumni and fans
- R Bar will host Buffalo and Providence alumni and fans
- Three-Legged Mare will host Maryland alumni and fans and the winner of the Boise St./Dayton Play-in Game’s alumni and fans
- Gordon Biersch will host Valparaiso and Oklahoma alumni and fans
Each of these host restaurants and bars will have excellent photo opportunities and a special welcome created by a chalk artist! If the better-seeded teams win, they’ll stay at the same bars for Sunday’s matchups in Columbus, Wimbish said.
Times and TV Channels for the 2nd Round games in Columbus at Nationwide Arena are as follows:
- West Virginia University vs. University at Buffalo, 2:10 p.m. on TNT
- University of Maryland vs. Valparaiso University, 4:40 p.m. on TNT
- University of Oklahoma vs. University at Albany, 7:27 p.m. on truTV
- Providence College vs. Boise State University/University of Dayton, 9:57 p.m. on truTV
If the better-seeded teams win, they’ll stay at the same bars for Sunday’s matchups in Columbus, Wimbish said. All four of these restaurants have excellent food and drink options and are just four of the downtown Columbus restaurants you have to try. For a complete guide that shows all of the food and drink options within walking distance of Nationwide Arena checkout our Menu Guide!
For more great Columbus sporting events like this checkout the Columbus Events Calendar! If you want to stay in the loop and hear about all of the latest news in the Arena District click here and join our mailing list.
The Arena District is downtown Columbus’ most popular neighborhood featuring sports, entertainment, food and drink, and the best in residential living options. Look no further for all your Columbus events, Columbus restaurants, or hotels in downtown Columbus.