Temporary Food Court closures scheduled at the Greater Columbus Convention Center
April 11, 2016
Most Food Court & Shops businesses will be closed May 9-20, 2016 as part of our $125 million expansion and renovation. Below are details about how the initial construction work in this area impacts Food Court & Shops operations:
What will still be open?
JaVa’s, Nielsen’s Convenience Store & Gifts, Heroes & Games, SegAway Tours of Columbus
Where do I get food and what will be available May 9-20?
- Subway: From a minimum of 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., there will be three Subway stands: one on Level 2 near the Battelle Grand escalators, and two stands on Level 1 near the exhibit halls.
- Donatos Pizza: Donatos Pizza’s trailer will be located on the east Connector on Level 2.
- Food trucks: Two food trucks will join the Donatos trailer on the east Connector from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 9-20.
- Concessions: Concessions in the Concourse, operated by facility caterer Centerplate, will be open based on the event schedule.
Where can I sit and enjoy my food?
- On Level 2, there will be seating on the west Connector as well as in the Eisenman & Trott meeting rooms near the triple escalator and SMG Administrative Offices.
- Atrium steps by JaVa’s
- Sensenbrenner Park at Nationwide & High offers outside seating.
How do I get to the Food Court from the Drury Inn & Suites?
There will not be access via the enclosed walkway. Drury guests may walk outside and enter the GCCC through the south entrance on Nationwide Boulevard.
Can I still make reservations with SegAway Tours of Columbus?
Yes! SegAway Tours will meet just inside the Nationwide Boulevard entrance and will be offered at 9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. daily. Reserve a tour by calling 614/222-3005.
Will The Business Center be open?
No. The Business Center will be closed May 9-22 and will reopen May 23. Our guest service ambassadors will direct you for any business service requests.
Will the Columbus Visitor Center be open?
No. This location will be closed May 9-20. The location at 277 W. Nationwide Blvd. will be open and welcomes Columbus Coffee Trail and Columbus Ale Trail passport redemptions
What happens after May 20?
Food Court & Shops merchants inside the food court area will resume regular operations from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and on Friday and Saturday as the event schedule dictates.
- Columbus Visitor Center will be open regular business hours
- Drury Inn & Suites guests can access the Food Court via the enclosed walkway
- All Food Court seating will be relocated to the Center Lounge area in front of Nielsen’s on Level 1
- Food trucks will not be available
Please visit www.columbusconventions.com for additional updates!