2018 Columbus Marathon and Half Marathon
September 11, 2018
The 2018 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & Half Marathon takes place this Sunday, October 21 throughout downtown Columbus. The race begins at 7:30 a.m. at the intersection of Neil Ave. and Long St. along North Bank Park. The finish line is also in this same location. To accommodate the set-up and nearly 20,000 participants and spectators, there will be some road closures in and around the Arena District.
NOTE: All Arena District parking garages will remain open and accessible.
Select road closures will begin Friday after the morning commute:
- Long St. between High St. and Hocking St. will close at 9 a.m. on Friday and re-open no later than 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Spring St. between West St. and Neil Ave. will close at 7 p.m. on Friday and re-open at 3 p.m. Saturday.
- Neil Ave. between Nationwide Blvd. and Spring St. will close at 11 p.m. Saturday and reopen at 6 p.m. Sunday. However, access to the Neil Ave. garage will remain available all weekend.
Closures on Sunday, October 21:
- Spring St. will re-close from West St. to Hocking St. at 11 p.m. Saturday until 6 p.m. Sunday. Access to Marconi Garage via Spring St. will remain open.
- Nationwide Blvd. between High St. and Front St. will close from 5:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Front St./Park St. between Nationwide Blvd. and Buttles Ave. will close from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.
The Full and Half Marathon course maps can be found here.