The Arena District bucket list
April 22, 2013
A bucket list can be tricky. What are the most crucial elements to check off a must-do and must-see list in a town or a trip? With so much to offer Columbus, the Arena District has compiled its own bucket list of concerts, sports, restaurants and bars. How many can you check off?
- Catch an unforgettable concert at Nationwide Arena. With a 20,000 person seating capacity, this venue has hosted acts from Bon Jovi and Fleetwood Mac to Taylor Swift and John Mayer.
- Next, don’t miss out on a flick at the Arena Grand Move Theatre. Voted Columbus’ favorite movie theatre, Arena Grand also features a bistro and bar serving movie-goers and the downtown lunch crowd alike.
- You can’t pass through Columbus in the summer without making it out to Huntington Park for a Columbus Clippers home game. Make sure to check for one of the park’s awesome specials like Dime-a-Dog Night, Buck-A-Bone Night on Tuesdays, 50-cent wings on Wednesdays and Friday and Saturday’s Party-At-The-Park.
- Speaking of sports, you can’t call this city home until you watch the puck drop at a Columbus Blue Jackets game in the Arena District. You’ll never forget being part of the action when Ohio’s only NHL team defends Nationwide Arena.
- Be part of tradition and grab a beer before (and after) a Blue Jackets game at R Bar. This isn’t just a neighborhood hockey bar, it’s the official bar of the Columbus Blue Jackets and draws a good ol’ hockey crowd during both home and away games.
- Take a night to catch a matchup at Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar. With two grand pianos, plenty of jokes and audience participation, the show doesn’t stop until 2 a.m.
- Finally, check off the Three-Legged Mare‘s famous One and One. These fish and chips offer a taste of Ireland right here in Downtown Columbus. Make sure to leave time for live music, darts, trivia and the plenty of soccer.