The Arena District bucket list
A bucket list can be tricky. What are the most crucial elements to check off a must-do and must-see list in a town or a trip? With so much to offer Columbus, the Arena District has compiled its own bucket list of concerts, sports, restaurants and bars. How many can you check off?
- Catch an unforgettable concert at Nationwide Arena. With a 20,000 person seating capacity, this venue has hosted acts from Bon Jovi and Fleetwood Mac to Taylor Swift and John Mayer.
- Next, don’t miss out on a flick at the Arena Grand Move Theatre. Voted Columbus’ favorite movie theatre, Arena Grand also features a bistro and bar serving movie-goers and the downtown lunch crowd alike.
- You can’t pass through Columbus in the summer without making it out to Huntington Park for a Columbus Clippers home game. Make sure to check for one of the park’s awesome specials like Dime-a-Dog Night, Buck-A-Bone Night on Tuesdays, 50-cent wings on Wednesdays and Friday and Saturday’s Party-At-The-Park.
- Speaking of sports, you can’t call this city home until you watch the puck drop at a Columbus Blue Jackets game in the Arena District. You’ll never forget being part of the action when Ohio’s only NHL team defends Nationwide Arena.
- Be part of tradition and grab a beer before (and after) a Blue Jackets game at R Bar. This isn’t just a neighborhood hockey bar, it’s the official bar of the Columbus Blue Jackets and draws a good ol’ hockey crowd during both home and away games.
- Take a night to catch a matchup at Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar. With two grand pianos, plenty of jokes and audience participation, the show doesn’t stop until 2 a.m.
- Finally, check off the Three-Legged Mare‘s famous One and One. These fish and chips offer a taste of Ireland right here in Downtown Columbus. Make sure to leave time for live music, darts, trivia and the plenty of soccer.
Create your own Arena District bucket list with Downtown Columbus bars and restaurants, events and venues and living.